Involve Your Customers In Creating Buzz
Seasonal changes in products are exciting times. It’s important to create a good deal of buzz for any new product unveiling well before you’ve even finished getting all of it. The more excitement you can build in your current customers, the more people will purchase the new product. While you don’t want them to stop buying the current season’s clothing, having a few hints and teases out will let them know that you are always getting new and exciting things for them to come and see.
Getting your current customers involved in your new product changes can go a long way toward building that excitement. A few ideas to getting customers involved in your product unveiling are below.
* Ask Them to Choose Which Product You Buy For The Next Season – The best people to ask about anything new you want to find are current customers. They likely have some strong ideas about products they need and solutions they crave. Asking them directly will give you many different ideas for products. You will have catalogs and you could even go to market and bring back some pictures and ask for opinions.
* Let Your Customers Build Your Bundle – As you’re building buzz for a new product, send out a survey to your current customers regarding the new product to come. Give them a choice of two or three groupings for the new bundle and let them vote. Announce the winning name as a way to increase the buzz about the new items. You might not always do a bundle, but a way to increase your ASP (average selling price) is to create bundles of like items that are typically bought together. Ask your customers what they think should go together. Voila!
* Feature Customers on Your Blog – Ask for feedback from current customers on all your products, then feature them on your blog. People love seeing their own story and pictures and they feel closer to a business if they can know other customers. You can show pictures of how they used the items, or just pictures of them buying or trying on.
* Host an Interactive Contest – You already have loyal customers, so give them a chance to win your new product by bragging about your old products. Have them send in a video that’s one minute or less about why they want to win the new product. Let other people vote on it as this will encourage sharing. The winner gets the new product free. You can have this contest on your facebook page, or even instagram if your audience is that savvy. You can do short videos on any cell phone these days. Just make it fun! Have your staff do a couple videos to get the videos rolling!
* Have A Special VIP Night – Invite all current customers to a kick off night where they are able to discuss your new and upcoming items and get a sneak peak. Let them ask questions and show them some of the benefits of the new product to come. Give participants in the event a discount on the product.
* Give Current Customers an Early Bird Special – It’s always nice to launch a new product to your current customers first, giving them an exclusive opportunity to buy at a discounted price if they provide a testimonial. You can ask for these by video or written, or both. They will love you for showing them how special they are to you and you will gain more loyalty. Plan for this as part of your VIP night and it will go like a blast. You can have 3-4 of these kick off events a year and really create a loyal customer base.
Any way that you can discover to involve your current customers in your product finding and merchandising will build up excitement. Get them to share that excitement with their friends and increase your following exponentially – just by talking about a product to come. Allowing customers to give input into design, bundling items together and more will also increase the buzz by making your product that much more compelling to your target audience since they essentially helped to create it. When people feel like they are a part of a store or product, they are more likely to promote it to other people. Make them special!